Two killed as Haitians protest against budget proposals continue

first_imgAt least two people were killed and 12 people arrested in Haiti as protests action continued over the new budget presented by the Jovenel Moise administration. Four-days of demonstrations ahead Meanwhile, Jean-Charles has announced four days of demonstrations starting on Monday to protest the fiscal measures contained in the budget.He described the meeting between President Moise and leaders of some political parties here as “a huge joke” adding that “Moïse is deaf to the demands of the population.”The organizers said that transport workers have already signaled their intention to support the demonstrations. Dismisses Moise Jean-Charles involvementThe National Police of Haiti (PNH) also confirmed that at least four vehicles were burnt during the protest. PNH dismissed reports that an arrest warrant had been issued for former Senator Moïse Jean-Charles, in connection with the anti-governmental demonstrations.“The PNH has no arrest order against former Senator of the North,” said the PNH spokesman Frantz Lerebours, saying that the police were engaged in a routine check after a warning issued against the driver of a vehicle, which turned out to be that of the former legislator.center_img National strikePresident of the Association of Haitian Owners and Drivers (APCH), Mehu Changeux , said that a national strike has also been planned for Monday to force President  Moïse to recall the budget that was ratified by both Houses of Parliament last week.last_img

Leave a Reply

(*) Required, Your email will not be published