An unidentified militant was killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Langet area of Kupwara district in Jammu and Kashmir. An encounter broke out between militant and security forces on Sunday morning after the latter launched a search operation in Langet, 100 kms from here, an Army official said.He said one militant has been killed and the encounter is still underway.
Asked by The Associated Press for details of potential evidence, Blatter spokesman Thomas Renggli replied in a message: “We are working on it.”Blatter is barred from soccer through October 2021 after the Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld his ban for payments to one-time adviser Michel Platini. The case cost Platini the UEFA presidency, and stopped him from being a candidate to replace Blatter in the 2016 election.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe CAS judges said Blatter was “reckless” for paying Platini $2 million in uncontracted salary more than eight years after the former France great stopped being employed by FIFA.Blatter also effectively added $1 million to Platini’s FIFA pension fund reserved for executive committee members by extending entitlement against the rules for the years he worked as an adviser. LATEST STORIES Blatter tweeted the message to his 2.5 million followers from an account that was dormant since he was first suspended by the FIFA ethics committee in October 2015. It was revived this week. On Monday, he posted congratulations to Australian Open champion Roger Federer and then the cover of a new edition in Russian of his 2016 book, “Sepp Blatter: Mission and Passion Football.”Russia is the only country where Blatter, who is Swiss, has made a public appearance — at the World Cup qualifying draw held in St. Petersburg in July 2015 — since federal prosecutors in the United States and Switzerland unsealed sweeping investigations of alleged corruption linked to FIFA earlier that year.A Swiss criminal proceeding was opened against Blatter in September 2015 for alleged financial misconduct, but no charges have been made.The 81-year-old Blatter has often said he will return to Russia for the World Cup to fulfil a long-standing invitation from President Vladimir Putin.A second book is also expected to be published ahead of the World Cup. Blatter said last April it would document his 40 years with FIFA and 16 years as a member of the International Olympic Committee.ADVERTISEMENT Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH AFP official booed out of forum French referee banned 3 months after kicking player MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter gestures as he gives an interview to news agencies on April 21, 2017 in Zurich. / AFP PHOTO / Michael BuholzerGENEVA — Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter claims to have “new facts” and wants to re-open the financial misconduct case that led to his six-year ban.“As new facts have appeared it’s time to question the decision of the Fifa Ethics-Committee — my suspension of 6 years!” Blatter said Friday on his reactivated Twitter account.ADVERTISEMENT Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university PLAY LIST 01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City 2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena sting NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers Read Next View comments
France Griezmann is ‘the boss’ for France, says Mbappe Dejan Kalinic 07:47 6/14/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images France World Cup Kylian Mbappé Antoine Griezmann While the forward has remained tight-lipped on his club future, his France team-mate believes he is pivotal to World Cup success France star Antoine Griezmann has shown he is “the boss” since Euro 2016, according to team-mate Kylian Mbappe.Didier Deschamps’ men, runners-up at their home European Championship two years ago, enter the World Cup in Russia as one of the favourites.That is in part thanks to Griezmann, the Atletico Madrid forward having top-scored at Euro 2016 with six goals. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move Mbappe, another one of France’s attacking talents, said Griezmann had already shown he could lead his nation at a major tournament.”I think that he is the boss since the Euro already,” he said Wednesday.”When you end the European Championship the best goal-scorer in your own country, you show the world that you have the shoulders to handle the pressure.On the agenda in training today: hard work! #FiersdetreBleus #FRAAUS pic.twitter.com/Yy07Otz6lq— French Team (@FrenchTeam) June 13, 2018″It’s true that he went through a bad patch following the competition but he showed how [much of] an amazing player he was and he is by scoring goal after goal.”He will be pivotal for us if we want to get results.”France begin their Group C campaign against Australia Saturday before meetings with Peru (June 21) and Denmark (June 26).
Story Highlights He said that the move will facilitate greater probity, efficiency and transparency in the nomination, selection and appointment of Board members, ensuring that entities can attract the country’s best minds and skills. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says a new regime for the appointment of Boards for public bodies and agencies will be established to strengthen their governance and accountability systems. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says a new regime for the appointment of Boards for public bodies and agencies will be established to strengthen their governance and accountability systems.He said that the move will facilitate greater probity, efficiency and transparency in the nomination, selection and appointment of Board members, ensuring that entities can attract the country’s best minds and skills.“This new appointment regime will create a strong but responsive institutional mechanism to support Ministers in the identification, selection and appointment of Board members,” the Prime Minister said in his contribution to the 2018/2019 Budget Debate in the House of Representatives on Tuesday (March 19).He noted that the new regime will provide clarity and certainty on the circumstances in which the tenure of a Board will cease, and will support institutional knowledge and seamless transitions, while ensuring that all are aware of their roles.He said that when the policy is effected, a competency profile specific to each public Board will be developed; a database of candidates established and populated; and a fit and proper test conducted, as needed, before approval of membership.Mr. Holness told the House that poorly run Boards pose a fiscal threat to the Jamaican economy.He noted that with expenditure for public bodies budgeted at $443.97 billion for the new financial year, “the Government cannot leave the governance of these agencies to chance”.“Any mismanagement or governance failure in the public bodies can have devastating effects on our fiscal accounts,” he contended. “This new appointment regime will create a strong but responsive institutional mechanism to support Ministers in the identification, selection and appointment of Board members,” the Prime Minister said in his contribution to the 2018/2019 Budget Debate in the House of Representatives on Tuesday (March 19).