Fort St. John RCMP have identified a suspect after two robberies on Sunday.Police say they responded to a call just after 10 p.m. of a robbery in progress at the Cedar Lodge Motor Inn where a young male had jumped over a counter and hit a female employee with a baseball bat.- Advertisement -The woman suffered a broken hand and the man left with a small amount of change.The male was described as Caucasian and was wearing a black hoodie.Then, an hour later, police responded to another call of a robbery in progress at the V&M Qmart Convenience store where a suspect tried to take money from the cash register.The male was described as around 17 years-old, with red hair and fair skin. He is approximately 5’9” and weighs 150 lbs. He was also wearing a black hoodie at the time of the incident.Advertisement Police say they believe the two robberies are related.Anyone with information about the two incidents is asked to contact the Fort St. John RCMP detachment at 250-787-8140 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
The Dutch manager was fired on Monday, after a 5-2 home defeat to Arsenal on Sunday left Everton 18th in the table, with just eight points from their first nine games.And, although the club spent £140m in the summer, they also received around £90m for Lukaku alone, and Koeman told Dutch football magazine VI that a plan to replace the striker with Giroud fell through.“I had Olivier Giroud in the building,” said Koeman.“He would have fitted perfectly but, at the very last moment, he decided that he’d rather live in London and stay at Arsenal.“That was really hard to swallow. You tell me, where you can get a better striker?Everton manager Ronald Koeman during the side’s friendly match with Gor Mahia in Dar es Salaam Tanzania in July 2017. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“Lukaku was so important for us, not just because of his goals. If things were not going well in a game, if we could not play the way we were used to, there was always the option to use the long ball towards him.“All of a sudden, we were missing such a player. With Nikola Vlasic and Wayne Rooney, we had attackers who want the ball at their feet.”Everton were also handed a tough run of fixtures to start the season and, although they kicked off with a win over Stoke and a draw at Manchester City, losses to Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United followed.Koeman added: “I was on holiday when I received the Premier League fixture list by e-mail.“I looked at it and saw that five of our first nine games would be against clubs from last season’s top six: Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Man United and Arsenal.“I looked at it again and I said to myself, ‘Phew! That is not going to be an easy run, in particular with a Europa League run at the same time’. And, most of all, because I had lost my striker Lukaku.”-By Sky Sports-0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Arsenal’s striker Olivier Giroud celebrates scoring Arsenal’s fourth goal during the English Premier League football match against Leicester City at the Emirates Stadium in London on August 11, 2017LONDON, United Kingdom, Oct 26- Former Everton manager Ronald Koeman says that the seeds for his departure were sown when Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud decided against a move to Goodison Park.Giroud was seen as a player who could compensate for the loss of Romelu Lukaku and Koeman thinks the failure to adequately replace the Belgian forward, combined with a tough fixture list, sealed his fate.
The mother of two, made history last year after she became the first Kenyan woman to win the WBC Super Bantam weight after dethroning Jamaican Alicia Ashley.She is the only sports person in the list of 59. The Awards are made by the President upon the advice of a National Honours and Awards Committee in the Office of the President.The President issues the State commendations in recognition of outstanding or distinguished services rendered to the nation in various capacities and responsibilities.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Fatuma Zarika poses before a previous fight. PHOTO/SportPesaNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 12- World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight champion Fatuma Zarika is among Kenyans who have been awarded Head of State Commendation during a State Luncheon hosted by President Uhuru Kenyatta at State House, Nairobi.Zarika, sister to Gor Mahia and Harambee Stars captain Musa Mohammed, two weeks ago successfully defended her world title after out-punching Catherine Phiri of Zambia in an action-packed match held at the Nairobi Carnivore Grounds.
5 Tottenham are flying high in the Premier League this season and look like they will push Leicester all the way to the wire for the title, but how would they fare in a five-a-side league?As all amateur footballers will testify to, the five-man game is a completely different animal to it’s 11-a-side big brother.Long balls become useless, the big man who is good in the air is redundant and the strong-tackling hard man is pinged every time he risks his knees sliding on the astro-turf.So who would make your team’s five-a-side from the current crop of players? talkSPORT look at who would be the likely line-ups.Click the arrow above, right, to see the Tottenham five a-side team.Agree with talkSPORT’s selections? Let us know who you would pick in the comments section below!ARSENAL’S FIVE-A-SIDE TEAMLIVERPOOL’S FIVE-A-SIDE TEAMMAN CITY’S FIVE-A-SIDE TEAMMAN UNITED’S FIVE-A-SIDE TEAMCHELSEA’S FIVE-A-SIDE TEAM 5 Dele Alli – Alli is pretty young so probably has more experience of the local five-a-side pitch than most others. Mousa Dembele – Tough on Toby Alderweireld but no successful five-a-side teams are built on a good defence. 5 Harry Kane – Surely the Kane-Alli partnership would be equally successful on the smaller pitch? Christian Eriksen – Eriksens passing and link-up play with the other more forward players would be vital. Hugo Lloris – Click the arrow, right, to see the rest of Tottenham’s five-a-side team – Lloris would be up there with David De Gea as the best two goalkeepers for this form of the game. 5 5
Recruits at Letterkenny Fire Station for the 2015 three week training course. Seated are Joseph Mc Taggart ,Acting Chief Fire officer, Kevin Mc Garvey Assistant Chief Fire Office and Course Director, with from left, Michael Fitzgerald, Stranorlar, Brian Greene,Station Officer, Dungloe, James Mc Kenna,Station Officer Buncrana, Eugene Mc Cafferty ,Station Officer, Milford, Carl Craig Buncrana, back row from left, Eoghan Dorrian, Killybegs, Sean Diver, Gweedore, Henry Duignan, Donegal Town, Callum Brown, Arranmore, Neil Collins, Falcarragh, Martin Coll, Gweedore, Wayne Mc Keown, Leitrim and Michael Mulhern, Bundoran. Picture By Brian McDaid DONEGAL WELCOMES ITS NEW FIRE SERVICE RECRUITS was last modified: November 30th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalFIRE SERVICErecruits
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinalsThe district agreed in February to work with the independent school system for three months before putting it on notice that it could end its charter. The start of that notice would have come this Wednesday at the school board meeting. Since February, district officials say it has received new information about Opportunities For Learning that has influenced its renewal decision. One major contributor was the charter’s Similar School Ranking, a comparison of like schools that was recently released by the California Department of Education. The state calculation gave the Santa Clarita charter an eight out of possible 10 points, said Bill Toomey, Opportunities For Learning director of instruction. “For us, that definitely shows we’re making a ton of progress,” Toomey said. In addition, Toomey said the school system is collecting better information on its students when they leave the program and is following up with where they go. In the past, students who left the charter were often labeled in the books as dropouts, while other reasons for leaving the school, such as to enroll in another program, were not considered. But now their reasons for leaving are documented better, said Toomey. In the 2003-04 school year, 393 students, or about 26 percent, were listed as dropouts. The year before, more than 600 students were considered dropouts. Also, the school system tested its students this spring on the state’s standardized tests that will show its Academic Performance Index rank and other information. The state is expected to release these results for all school districts in August. Although the school system conducted these tests last year, the testing wasn’t always done in the past, leaving no measure of its academic performance based on state standards. Toomey said it has been difficult in the past to test Opportunities For Learning students on the state exams because the school doesn’t follow a traditional structure. Opportunities For Learning serves students who have been expelled from traditional public high schools or have dropped out of school to work. In some cases, the students were home-schooled and do not want to attend traditional high schools.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SANTA CLARITA – A continuation school that was recently at risk of losing its charter with the William S. Hart Union High School District will likely have it renewed next year. Opportunities For Learning, an independent academic program that serves about 2,500 Santa Clarita students, had came under scrutiny by the district in February for its standardized test scores and for what appeared to be a high dropout rate. But district officials said the charter school system has since provided documentation to show that its program is working and is keeping students in school. Given that information, they now expect that its charter will be renewed. “I think the whole relationship has been strengthened by this wake-up call,” Leslie Crunelle, assistant superintendent of education services for the district, said Monday.
GAA Bingo- Every Thursday Evening In St Marys Hall Clonmany at 9.00pm Everyone Welcome.Match & Win for 13/06/2013 No’s Drawn 5,11,20,21 No Jackpot Winner Next Weeks Jackpot Is €1,780.00, €15 Consolation Winners Were Sammy harkin Urrismana, John Joe McDaid Effishmore, Martin Grant Magheramore, Danny Grant(N) Annagh, DT Taxi Clonmany.GENERAL FINANCE MEETING: Wednesday 19th June at 9pm All Members are encouraged to attend if possible to discuss fundraising. DONEGAL V DOWN: Sunday 23rd June in Breffni Park Cavan this is an all ticket game to book your ticket contact John Friel 0860523550 or David Hession 0860538537 by Tuesday 18th June there will also be a bus going.UNDERAGE FIXTURES: – Inishowen League U12’s Urris v Burt at 7.00pm on Tuesday 18th June. Under 10’s Urris v Moville Saturday 22nd June 11am.RESERVES FIXTURE ONLY:Home to Burt Tuesday 18th June at 7.30pm and Home to Milford Thursday 20th June TTBA.SENIORS: Championship Game Urris v Muff In Carndonagh at 7.30pm on Saturday 22nd June. TRAINING: Under 12 & 14 Girls Wednesday’s at 5.00pm til 6.15pm.Under 10’s on Fridays 4.30pm -5.45pm in Straid. Contact Susan for more information 0863945954.Under 8’s Training on Saturday Morning at 11am.Club Merchandise – Club Merchandise to buy all year round hats, gear bags, hoodies and jackets something for everyone Contact Donal Kelly 0876461707.Club Website www.urris.gaa.ie. Any items for the notes please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to Liz O’Neill on 0863858629 before 9pm on Sunday evening.GAA NEWS – URRIS ENCOURAGE MEMBERS TO ATTEND FINANCE MEEETING was last modified: June 16th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Urris GAA club notes
LETTERKENNY AC NEWS: On Friday night, Pauric Breslin travelled to Killybegs and had another victory. He ran 16.28 in the Niall Mor National School 5K to come home almost 2 minutes ahead of 2nd placed runner, David Conwell. On Saturday, Marie Boyle showed clearly that her Dublin Marathon training is paying off when she achieved a PB after running 1.33.54 in the Athlone half marathon. The journey to the Midlands was well worthwhile for Marie, who still has several weeks to continue her build up to Dublin.In the Donegal 5K road championship in Buncrana on Sunday, Letterkenny AC enjoyed great success, at individual and team level. Ciaran Doherty was the first LAC runner across the line. His time of 15.28 gave him second place. The winner was City of Derry’s Declan Reed in 15.19. Anthony Doherty had an excellent time of 16.09, which gave him 4th place. The highly consistent performer, Ivan Toner, was the next LAC runner. His time was 16.40. Martin Dooley crossed the line in 17.32.This quartet of LAC runners combined to ensure that the club came first in the senior mens’ team prize. The club had more than 2 minutes to spare over 2nd placed Finn Valley.Liam Doherty had a good run and finished in 17.34.Fionnuala Diver’s dominance of women’s running in Donegal continued. Her time of 18.17 gave her 1st place in the women’s race. Paul Cosgrove had a sub 19 minute run and clocked 18.52. Noeleen Scanlan’s fine form continued and she was 2nd in the women’s race.Barry Mackey, who rarely misses a race anywhere in Donegal, will be pleased to have returned to sub 20 minute form with a time of 19.38. Jane Toner’s time of 20.32 gave her first place in the F35 category. Second F35 was Irene McFadden in 20.56. Jane and Irene combined with Noeleen Scanlan and Fionnuala Diver to earn the club first prize in the senior women’s team event. Their aggregate time of 1.19.11 gave them more than 12 minutes to spare over 2nd placed team, Inishowen AC.All 4 of these ladies are primary school teachers and showed that their recent return to work, after the long summer break, has done nothing to diminish the excellent form they showed all summer.Richard Raymond extended his excellent summer form into the autumn. His time of 21.51 gave him 2nd place in the M60 category. The first M60 was City of Derry’s Peter Lilburn. He is one of the country’s top M60 performers and clocked 18.37.Richard was closely followed by fellow M60 LAC runner, Jimmy McBride. Jimmy, who has recently retired from work, ran 22.06. He has the good wishes of all at LAC for a long and happy retirement.Richard and Jimmy combined with Barry Mackey and Paul Cosgrove to gain 1st place for the club in M50+ team prize.Their aggregate time was 1.22.25. Marian Kerr’s consistent form continued and she crossed the line in 22.18. Danny Sharkey finished in 23.15. Letterkenny AC athlete Marie Boyle sets PB at Athlone half-marathon was last modified: September 12th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:athleticsLetterkenny ACMarie BoyleSport
The twin sister of missing Donegal girl Mary Boyle said she believes she knows who snatched her sister and where she is buried.Mary Boyle’s sister Ann claims she knew a sinister secret.And she revealed why she thinks Mary’s abduction was planned to prevent the six year old girl from revealing a sinister secret.Ann Doherty (nee Boyle) said she believes the little girl was killed and buried in swampy ground near to where she went missing in Cashelard outside Ballyshannon in 1977. Ann, who now lives in Co Offaly, said she does not believe that Mary was snatched by a stranger passing by on the afternoon of March 18th.“I find it impossible now to believe that that someone just landed in the middle of nowhere and took her. Mary had a great sense of her own personal safety.“One day, we were walking home from school when a car stopped and offered us a lift.“Mary refused to get in because she didn’t know the driver. She would never have put herself in danger,” she said. Ann, a mother of five, said she believes Mary was abducted and killed for a more sinister reason.The site at Cashelard which Gardai dug up in the search for missing Mary Boyle. Pic by Donegal Daily.“I believe Mary was killed because she was going to tell a secret on somebody about something that had happened to her.“I also believe her body is close to where she went missing and that the person who killed her knew every nook and cranny in the area,” she said.Ann claims that Gardai do not keep her informed of her sister’s case and that it was a journalist who recently broke the news that a man had ben questioned in connection with Mary’s disappearance.She added that Mary also deserves and inquest and then a decent burial and says she will continue to raise questions about her sister’s case. “She deserves a decent burial. She deserves some respect. And in years to come, I don’t want my children to have to keep up the search for their Aunty Mary. I want an end to it, so that they can have a normal life,” she added.MARY WAS SNATCHED AND KILLED BECAUSE SHE KNEW A SINISTER SECRET – TWIN SISTER was last modified: November 17th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Ann BoyleBallyshannonCashelardGardaiMARY BOYLEmissingsnatched
The little inner moon of Jupiter, Amalthea, isn’t dense enough. A press release from Jet Propulsion Laboratory says that data from the Galileo spacecraft “shakes up long-held theories of how moons form around giant planets.” Density of moons is supposed to decrease with radius around Jupiter, meaning that Amalthea should be the most solid. Instead, it appears to be a loose rubble pile less dense than water. An alternative theory, that it formed farther out and migrated or was captured, is also implausible. “Amalthea is throwing us a curve ball,” one scientist said. The original paper was published in Science May 27.11Anderson et al., “Amalthea’s Density Is Less than That of Water,” Science, Vol 308, Issue 5726, 1291-1293, 27 May 2005, [DOI: 10.1126/science.1110422].Planetary science is not exactly batting a thousand these days, even without curve balls. Looks like she didn’t accept the date when sports dropout McFly proposed, “Amalthea, you are my density… er, I mean, my destiny.”(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0