ESPN’s Early Prediction For Ohio State-Wisconsin Game

first_imgOhio State's Darron Lee laying a hit on a Wisconsin player.INDIANAPOLIS, IN – DECEMBER 06: Sam Arneson #49 of the Wisconsin Badgers loses the ball next to Darron Lee #43 of the Ohio State Buckeyes during the Big Ten Championship at Lucas Oil Stadium on December 6, 2014 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Buckeyes won the game 59-0. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)There are only a few games in a season which truly dictate the College Football Playoff participants. A week from this upcoming Saturday, No. 4 Ohio State hosts the sixth-ranked Wisconsin Badgers. It’s setting up to be one of the biggest games of the year.There’s no doubt both teams have looked like national championship contenders. The winner of this contest will notch a major resume booster.The game is still 11 days out, but that hasn’t stopped ESPN from releasing an early prediction.According to ESPN’s Matchup Predictor, Ohio State is the projected winner. The Buckeyes have a 75.1% chance to win while Wisconsin’s odds are set at 24.9%. That’s certainly a lopsided projection. Many are expecting the game to be much closer.The Badgers don’t have the explosive offense Ohio State has. But Wisconsin’s defense is playing lights-out.Our guy is No. 1 in the midseason head coach rankings… he’s led the Badgers to…▪️ Four shutouts in six games ▪️ 6-0 record▪️ Ranked No. 6 in the country▪️ Nation’s best defense….and we’re only halfway done.#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/DpMNJtQjSU— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 15, 2019If UW hopes to come out with a victory, the defense will have to find a way to neutralize OSU QB Justin Fields. When Fields is firing on all cylinders, but Buckeyes can’t be stopped.For the Ohio State defense, slowing down RB Jonathan Taylor is a top priority. The star running back has 825 yards and 14 touchdowns this season.Ohio State-Wisconsin kicks off at noon ET on Oct. 26 at Ohio Stadium.last_img

Leave a Reply

(*) Required, Your email will not be published