Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes his side will need to keep improving to hold off the chasing pack next season after lifting the Premier League trophy.The Reds clinched the title last month, but finally got their hands on the silverware after a 5-3 win over Chelsea on Wednesday.Chelsea have already strengthened ahead of next season with the signings of a long-term Liverpool target Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech. “Chelsea is such a talented team, we had to bring everything on the pitch tonight. Man Utd, Man City [will contend], there are no guarantees for anything, but we will try.”Liverpool also beat Chelsea to lift the UEFA Super Cup at the start of the season to go with the Premier League, Champions League and Club World Cup and Klopp admitted he will take time for a special moment after an incredible run of success.”We are champions of England, Europe and the world. We won four trophies, really big ones, so I couldn’t be more proud,” he added.”I’m usually not a person who needs pictures but I will have a picture with all four trophies because it doesn’t happen often, so we should.”Jordan Henderson had the honor of becoming the first Liverpool player to lift the Premier League trophy and the Reds’ captain believes the manner of victory over a Chelsea side, who needed a result to confirm their place in the Champions League next season, bodes well for what can be achieved next season.”It’s been a journey and to finish it off like this is really special,” said Henderson.”After this, next season is going to be a big challenge for us. But I thought tonight we showed the mentality to come and perform again and get the result we did.” Klopp also expects Manchester City and Manchester United to bolster their squads.But the German believes there is still improvement for his players to make despite becoming English, European and world champions over the past 14 months.”We should not stop, we have internal challenges to improve,” said Klopp.”We have the chance to make another step, but we have to because the others will not sleep. Topics :
… bows to players’ requestTHE GUYANA Football Federation (GFF) was again embroiled in another off-the-pitch issue that threatened a boycott by the Golden Jaguars to last night’s crucial 3rd round CFU-Scotiabank encounter against the defending champions, the Reggae Boyz.On the eve of the important game when the players were scheduled to have their final training session, the Golden Jaguars were otherwise engaged in intense discussions with the GFF on outstanding payments dating as far back as the 2014 World Cup qualifiers and as recently as last Saturday’s game against Suriname in Paramaribo.According to GFF president Wayne Forde, there was a meeting with several members of the Golden Jaguars where several issues that centred primarily on finances were discussed.“We had very in-depth exchanges and got to the point where players wanted to have a written commitment from the GFF to honour any obligations determined after a thorough investigation was conducted. We had two rounds of discussions with the first ending with the executive committee finding it difficult to concede to a position where a document will be signed.“We think that some of the posture of the group that we met with and the language appeared to be very threatening and I personally felt that it was unfair, and it was not in the spirit of compromise that I was being placed in a position to concede to something, of course not having all the information at my disposal.After a few hours had passed and we had our second round of discussion I can say from all appearances that the way the conversation ultimately unfolded, better judgement had prevailed.“We gave them a document that essentially said what has always been our intentions and had been stated repeatedly within the press that the moment we have all the information pertaining to what transpired with the Mexico game, if there is compelling evidence that there is a financial obligation on the part of the Federation, those obligations will be honoured,” Forde stated publicly.Chronicle Sport learnt that the meeting between the two parties went past midnight, but an amicable resolution was reached and the threat of a no-show by the Jaguars was withdrawn.
BROOKLYN, N.Y.— Despite playing just 16 games in his college career, Chris McCullough was still selected in the first round of the NBA draft.The 19-year-old suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, couldn’t work out for teams, and had minimal experience against top competition, but was taken No. 29 overall in the first round by the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday night at Barclays Center.McCullough averaged 9.3 points per game last season, though only 4.3 during his final eight games. He played in just three conference games, where he averaged three points per game. Had he stayed healthy, some projected McCullough to be a lottery pick, though Jim Boeheim thought otherwise.McCullough came into Syracuse with question marks — why he was expelled from Brewster Academy chief among them — but showed early on in his Syracuse career that length and athleticism were not points of concern.There’s no guarantee that he’ll be ready for start of the upcoming season, but his potential abilities in the long-term proved to be more enticing than what he could provide early in the 2015-2016 season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Published on June 25, 2015 at 7:13 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @SamBlum3 Facebook Twitter Google+